To the ancient Nuragic sanctuary, a place of worship of the ancient Sardinians since the 11th – 9th century BC, was added the Christian village in 1200, might be to follow the tradition of space devoted to religion.

The small church of Santa Cristina was built around 1200 by the Camaldolese friars of Santa Maria of Bonarcado. Today the church does not present itself in its original structure, as several remakings and renovations have been carried out over the centuries. These have left only the perimeter walls untouched in which the remains of the Nuraghic civilization were found. In fact, there were numerous carved ashlars from the well temple. The church, central point of the religious complex, is surrounded by the “muristenes”, simple houses of elementary and fairy-tale construction, in the past intended for the residence of the monks.

Even today the novenary is repopulated during the festivities: the main one takes place on the second Sunday of May in honour of Santa Cristina, while on the fourth Sunday of October the celebrations are dedicated to San Raffaele Arcangelo (popularly called San Serafino).
The pilgrimage of the devoted begins with the novenas “nuinas” and continues in the days of vespers and the feast. The devoted have a profound respect for the Sardinian hagiography calendar and its traditions.
The Saint, protagonist of the celebrations, becomes a reason for religious celebration and joyful meeting of the communities.